Friday, June 27, 2008

The Unitas





So, Jeff and I had to get away last weekend. It had been a rough week. Jeff decided that I needed to see the Uintas. And boy, did I need to see them. It was so beautiful and quiet. We started our drive up Mirror Lake Highway. There were a lot of bikers. It was only then we saw a sign that said there was a bike race from Kamas to Evanston, WY. But, the nice part about that was that I could see all the scenery at 5 miles an hour. It was also fun to watch the temp on my car drop. We got up to the Provo River Falls area around noon and found a picnic spot. Then, we walked along the river and found a good place to sit. Somehow, we started throwing rocks in the rushing water to see if we could hear the *plop.* Here is a pic of Jeff throwing a rock in to the water. (It made a nice *plop*)


After we threw rocks and ate our lunch, we took a drive up to the Falls. How beautiful! I took this video. You can hear how loud the runoff was. We had so much snow this past winter.






The falls were so cool. There were several of them and we wandered down to see all of them. But, I am lame and haven't figured out how to put pictures where I want them.

After our outing to the falls, we went back to our picnic spot and made a campfire. Well, Jeff made it, he told me to sit back and relax. That was nice. I am spoiled.
So, my first trip to the Uintas was AWESOME. I hope that wasn't the last time! I'll try and make a post with just pictures. There were some awesome shots.

No comments: