I never realized what a sense of freedom I felt just by driving my car. I could go where I wanted to go, when I wanted to go.
My car was supposed to be done Tuesday evening. I had plans, I was going to pick it up, and run a few wedding errands (my list is not getting checked off as fast as I would like). I called Tuesday morning to confirm that it was going to be ready. I was told the part hadn't come in, but was supposed to be there that evening. They would call me first thing Wednesday morning.
It is Wednesday morning. The shop opens at 7 am. At 10, I still hadn't heard anything, so I gave them a call. The transmission SHOULD be in Thursday night, and they can get me back on the road Friday morning.
There were so many things I wanted to say:
Is a mule bringing the part?
Are they casting it in gold?
Are you giving me a discount for this inconvenience?
Will you drive me around to pick up everything I need? MY WEDDING IS IN 17 DAYS!!!
Did an old transmission have to give birth to the new one?
Did you lose my car and haven't figured out how to tell me?
Did you order the part from Mars?
So very frustrating. I am a list maker. I run my errands after work and cross off that list with glee. I have not been able to do that and it is starting to get to me!
1 comment:
so sorry Martha, I know that it stinks, but your car better purr like a kitten after this. And they should cut you a break after promising it to be ready and then shooting you down...twice.
Post a Comment