Thursday, April 14, 2011

Thanks a Lot

I was having a conversation with a friend today that went a little something like this:

Me: Yeah, I'm totally terrified to be a mother.
A: You are going to be a great mother. I mean you are so matronly and sweet.
(matronly= adj



of, characteristic of, or suitable for a matron; staid and dignified in a manner associated with a middle-aged, usually plump, woman )

Me: Gee, thanks.
A: That is a compliment.
Me: Ok. I have just never been called matronly before.
A: I just looked up the definition and that is not what I meant! I meant the have it all together part.



A, if you are reading this, because I know you stalk my blog, I love ya!

2 comments:

Joanna & Ben said...

haha, That's like time Ben called me his bovine beauty and I got a little offended and he couldn't figure out why. I looked up bovine...dull and cow like. And all he said was "in the old cowboy/indian movies the made it sound like a good thing, it means worth a lot."

Joanna & Ben said...

sorry, ben corrected me it was actually based on an old movie that's basically a Japanese Gone With The Wind...Mushashi