Sunday, September 13, 2009

Weekend in a Nutshell

Friday

5:15pm-Left work and headed home. Jeff was lounging on the couch, not feeling too well.
6:45- Got back in the car to head to Wal*Mart. We needed toothpaste, toothbrushes and shampoo. Grabbed a Wal*Mart pizza- yum!
7:15- Driving home, Jeff stopped at a car wash to wash bird poop off his car.
7:25- Pulled in to our parking lot in the middle of a discussion. Remembered we needed to get gas.
7:40- Home for good, or so we thought. Cooked pizza and ate it.
8:20- Pulled out all ingredients to make Jessica's Gingersnaps. Realized that I did not have 3/4 cup of shortening. Thought I would send Jeff to pick it up. He made me go with him, but said I could stay in the car. He came back to the car with shortening and a box of Nestle Drumsticks.
8:45- Dough finished and needed to sit in the fridge for an hour. We snacked on a drumstick and talked.
9:45- Cookies ready to go in the oven. Took our Blockbuster movie out to watch. I don't recommend it.
1:00 am- Decided maybe we should hit the hay.

Saturday:

8:00- Thought about getting up, but rolled over and went back to sleep.
8:10- Jeff got up and showered. I slept a little longer.
8:30- I threw on a t-shirt and jeans, put my hair in a ponytail and helped Jeff move a dresser and a few boxes of goodies out to the curb for our community yard sale.
9:00- Yard sale started. We could see two other people with stuff for sale. People walked past our wares and just kept on walking. We had good stuff, too: cook books, books, picture frames, games, puzzles, etc.
9:10- Decided to close up shop at 11.
10:30- Went inside to get a bowl of cereal. Jeff was on the phone with his uncle. I walked around the apartment opening curtains and blinds.
10:45- Jeff poked his head in and told me we had sold the dresser. Sweet!
11:00- Packed everything else up and put it in Jeff's car to take to the DI. Came inside and ate leftover pizza.
11:30- Headed to the DI and then to Ikea to look for bookcases. (I have too many books.)
12:30- Driving home from Ikea empty-handed. Passed the Beyond Glaze Donut shop. Jeff said, "I have to do this!" We went in and bought a half dozen donuts.
1:00- Got home. Jeff went to his uncle's to watch the BYU game. I stayed home and worked on my lesson and got ready for the day.
5:30- Some friends came over for a double date! We went to Famous Dave's and ate way too much, then off to Mulligan's to play Miniature Golf. Jeff won, I lost.

Sunday

8:30- Woke up. Ugh, rolled over.
9:30- Jeff got up and took a shower. I got up and made french toast.
11:00- Jeff left to go home teaching. I started dinner in the crock pot and made a Jello Cake.
11:30- Finally started getting ready for the day.
12:30- Panicked. I hadn't printed off the quotes for my lesson!
12:50- Walked out to the car. Felt a few raindrops.
1:00- Sat in Relief Society. Made a new friend.
2:00- Taught my Sunday School lesson. Phew! Better than last time, but still a nervous wreck. People in my class are former bishops, Relief Society presidents. We had a former mission president in there, too. Talk about feeling inadequate for a calling.
2:45- Lesson is over. I breathed easier.
4:10- Got home. Finished up dinner while Jeff set the table.
4:30- Ate a delicious spaghetti dinner with garlic bread. Discussed my lesson.
5:15- Settled on the couch with my foot elevated and iced. Watched two episodes of Little House on the Prairie (Jeff has a crush on Karen Grassle- aka Caroline Ingalls).
8:30- Decided we needed a Fat Boy ice cream sandwich. YUM!!!

1 comment:

Katie said...

I like that you detailed your day. You are awesome. :)

P.S. Why don't you live near me???! Live near me & be my friend. Ok thanks.