A few weeks ago we stopped by the gym to see what kind of discount Jeff gets with his employer. AMAZING! Seriously. For under $25 a month, both of us can go to the gym whenever we want. We joined. We decided to go 3 times a week when Jeff gets home (which is anywhere between 9pm and midnight). We would go more, but we never see each other as it is.
I typically hate working out. Well, I still hate it, but I go. We bought a new scale and I just stared at the big blue number staring back at me. I moved the scale and saw that same nasty number. I know it is all my doing. I have a fondness for chocolate...anything! That is not my only problem. I would rather sit in front of the TV than go for a walk around the block. Jeff comes home with a Twix and I inhale it.
I have been in my body for 33 years. I know myself pretty well. I know I will not stop eating that second piece of chocolate cake. I won't pass the refreshment table without grabbing another brownie. Ice cream and I get along really well. I probably won't change my eating habits.
With that said, I am committed to going to the gym. I have my work out buddy. We get to the gym and we stretch for a few minutes. Then, Jeff goes off to the bike and I hop on the treadmill for a while. After we get a good cardio workout, we go downstairs and lift weights. It's fun and I feel like I am doing something to combat the four chocolate chip cookies I ate earlier. I want to lose weight, but I think more importantly, I want to feel good about myself.
1 comment:
Yay for feeling good about yourself!! You can do it!
P.S. your video of pics makes me think of The Ring and I can't watch it without getting an eerie chill down my spine.
Post a Comment