One year ago Jeff and I were sealed in the Draper Utah Temple. The day was BEAUTIFUL. I had butterflies. We had been engaged for 9 months (I don't recommend a long engagement) and it felt surreal that it was finally our day. As I sat waiting for Jeff, my palms were getting clammy, they are now just thinking about it. He came around the corner with our marriage license in his hand and I felt peace. You just know when it is right, and this was right.
We walked outside after we were sealed and the wind was blowing. I don't like my hair up or too formal, so it was blowing all over the place. We had lots of pictures taken and couldn't believe that we were FINALLY married!- Married May 30, 2009
- I was able to volunteer during the Oquirrh Mountain Temple Open House. I counted everyone that came into the temple. I had a fun little clicker in my hand.
- We went down to the Manti Pageant and stayed the night in Nephi.
- Jeff introduced me to the wonderful Farr Ice Cream shop in Ogden. Their $2 single scoop cones are MASSIVE.
- We went camping at Mirror Lake. It was FREEZING!
- We went to Virginia for Thanksgiving.
- We bought our first Christmas tree.
- We scrimped and saved and bought our first house.
- I am still not used to my new last name.
- We spoke in church as a married couple.
- Jeff helped clean the Salt Lake Temple
- We went to St. George to witness Jeff's uncle and aunt sealed in the temple
- We went to Wendover, Nevada and saw Night Ranger
- I fell down the stairs at the Salt Lake Temple
- We bought our first grown up furniture
- I realized Jeff has a lot of self-confidence ("I'm pretty amazing at putting up blinds." or "Man, I'm good at this and that and that and this.")
- He made me laugh until I peed my pants. That hasn't happened since high school.
- We had slumber parties with nieces
- I never got sick. Jeff was sick several times.
- Jeff says he got the whole package, brains, beauty and his best friend. Ditto, babe!
There were many more fun things that happened to us this past year. There were hard times and sad times, but overall, it was an amazing year. It went by so fast.
We are going to take it easy for our anniversary. I am so glad we have a 3 day weekend. Saturday we are going to do sealings at the Draper Temple, then drive up to Maddox for dinner. Sunday is the fifth Sunday, so we actually get to sit with each other for ALL of church. I haven't decided what we are having for dinner that night, but it's going to be good. Memorial Day will just be an easy, relaxing day. I haven't had one of those in a long time.
Side note: I have been going walking with my good friend, Lori. We go three times a week and just walk and talk. I have lost 5 pounds in two weeks.

2 comments:
Happy Anniversary! :) I love hearing how happy you are. You deserve it.
(P.S. I still accidentally write my maiden name sometimes...don't tell. I wonder how long this takes to get over...)
So does this mean that WE have just had our one year anniversary...one year and the sister wife wasn't even invited to the festivities...to quote Stephanie Tanner, "How Rude!"
Post a Comment