Saturday evening, Matt and Heather brought Twilight over. Twilight is a cat. I don't like cats, or dogs for that matter. Matt and Heather were leaving for a cruise and the kids were heading to Grandma D'Murray's house for the week. I had agreed to be Twilight's foster mom for a week.
They stayed for a bit and helped Twilight get adjusted to where his food was and where his litter box would be. Twilight explored the house and hid under the bed for a while. Then, the Donbro family left. It was just the three of us: Jeff, me and Twilight.
It has been a blast having the little guy with us! It has only been 3 days and I don't want to give him back. I have been taking pictures, but my camera is at home and my computer cable is at work. I need to get them in the same place.
Watching movies is fun. I was comfortable, with my head on Jeff's lap and my feet hanging over the side. Twilight jumped up and settled himself on my lap and I just rubbed his head and loved that he felt comfortable with me. He does that every time I am watching TV.
Last night, I was making dinner and Twilight sat on the edge of the counter and just watched me. I would have freaked out if he had tried to get too close to my food. But the Enchilada pasta was cat hair free.
I come out of the shower and open the bathroom door to see him sitting on his haunches watching and waiting for me. He walks all around me while I get ready. He snuggles in bed with Jeff when I have to leave for work. Lauryn is coming over tonight because she wanted a sleepover at our house with Twilight. I think her being there will make Twilight so happy. He does cry for her. I swear he is saying, "Lauryn....Lauryn..." when he meows.
I now want a cat, but also realized that I am allergic. Jeff doesn't want a cat, even though he adores Twilight. It's going to be pretty lonely when Twilight goes home. I guess that means I have to figure out how to fill the void.
1 comment:
Now I want a cat too!!
Post a Comment