That's right. We rented a moving van to spend a day at the city of IKEA. Well, we had other purposes, too, but the main focus was our shopping binge at the metropolis.
A few weeks ago we were discussing needing a bookshelf for our guest room. I have TONS of books and I want to put the kids and preteen books in the guest room, because that is where the nieces and nephews sleep when they come over.
Jeff: We're looking for a bookshelf. Maybe we'll find one we like at IKEA.
Father-in-law: Why don't you go to that Swedish place where you put together your own furniture? (also known as IKEA)
My parents are coming to town. They will stay with us a few days and with my brother and his family for a few days. They have the kids, we have the peace and quiet. It's a win-win.
The mattress in our guest room is incredibly comfortable when you first climb in. After a few minutes you realize that it was definitely a single man's bed for a long, long time. A single man who slept in the middle. We used it when we first got married and I would wake up hugging the edge of the bed, trying to pull myself up. The kids love the mattress. Their bones are also still impressionable. We're keeping that bed and putting it in the other spare room. We bought a new mattress from RC Willey and were going to pick it up on our way to IKEA. The mattress was being shipped from their warehouse in Reno. It hadn't made it as of Friday night, so we rescheduled the truck for this coming Saturday. It works out, because the bed frame I am totally in love with was sold out, and the nice IKEA employee assured me it would be in on Wednesday of this week.
Our upstairs is coming together. It will look like a real lived-in house soon. I will take pictures. Tonight I am working on the loft. I hope to have it done so I can show you the exciting feature we added on Saturday.
No comments:
Post a Comment