Monday, May 16, 2011

Not For Young Ears

Saturday was the final push in getting Casa Smith ready for the parental unit's visit. We rented our Uhaul. That's right kiddos, we meant business!

We had to pick up our mattress and the new bed frame. My favorite bed frame at IKEA was still out of stock. I was a little bummed. We were at the RC Willey and decided that if they had a bed frame we liked for about the same price we would just go for it.

We picked up the truck at 9:15 right across from the RC Willey. They didn't open until 10. I was hungry and grumpy. I get grumpy when I am hungry, ok? You do, too. Admit it. So, we stopped at the Burger King and we got breakfast sandwiches and people watched for a half an hour. Then, we walked over the the RC Willey. We were in a group of 5 waiting outside for the store to open. A biker chick (in too tight jeans and a leather jacket) tried to rally the group. She wanted us all to bang on the doors and yell, "Open UP!!" No one was playing her game. We were in a hurry. We had to return the truck by 1pm.

The doors finally opened and biker chick almost pushed the employee down trying to get in the store. We walked in clamly and snuck around the edges of the store, so as to avoid salesmen. One guy was headed straight for us. I avoided all eye contact. He finally got close enough to talk to us and he and Jeff actually had a pleasant conversation. He found a fabulous bed set for us to look at and even found one we could pick up that day. We had to drive to the distribution center to pick it up, though. If we left at that moment, we would still be able to get it home and get the truck back on time.

Off we went. The far west side of Salt Lake has nothing to look at. Absolutely nothing. There were a few billboards, which proved some entertainment. One was for a furniture rental place. It just read, "Sofa and Love $99/week" I read it out loud and my husband just replied, "That's cheaper than a hooker." I don't want to know how he knows.

We saw yard sale signs and open house signs like  "Open house! Free Donuts!!" We were driving away from civilization and we were joking that people were probably wondering where we were moving. The radio was an old one, where you had to turn a knob to change the station. So, we were stuck listening to light rock. The theme for the day seemed to be dreams and breathing. Enrique Iglasias will take your breath away you know. Jeff said it was because of the mole on his face, but I had to remind him that the mole had been removed.

We had fun driving and getting everything ready for my parents' visit. I will complete the finishing touches on our guest room and give you a tour tomorrow, okay?

No comments: