
My scriptures are old! I got them when I was 12 and the spine has broken away, they have fallen into puddles, pages are falling out, and the super thin pages are starting to disintegrate. Jeff has been telling me I need new scriptures, but I couldn't give up years of marked scriptures and notes in the margins.
Well, yesterday I had to stop at a store to pick up some vitamins. Right down the walkway was the Distribution Center. I found myself walking down there and walking in. I bought the new Old Testament DVD (hoping it will help me with my lessons) and two marking pencils and a new set of scriptures! I did it. I did it without too much pain and anxiety.
Studying my scriptures last night was easier than I thought it would be. I enjoyed the blank slate, ready for new inspiration and thoughts. Maybe now when I am teaching out of Genesis, I won't have to bend down and pick up the fallen pages off the floor.
1 comment:
It's nice to have a set of scriptures that isn't falling apart. One of my mission companions had a set that was duct taped together. In some cultures this is a badge of honor.
Time to take the old set and seal it up for posterity.
Post a Comment