Don't like:
- I am biting my nails! My fingers look so ugly and I am running out of band aids. I stopped getting my nails done last Fall. We needed to save money and now I can't justify spending that money, even though I have it again.
- My chin looks like the great Rocky Mountains. I just switched face wash and I know this is part of the acclimation process. But, it is so frustrating. I thought acne was supposed to go away around my mid-twenties. Yeah, another Old Wive's Tale.
- I feel very unmotivated today. I am the only one in the office. It's hard to stay on top of my tasks when the phones aren't ringing and there is no one else around so I can exercise my vocal chords.
- Jeff has been working a lot of overtime. This is a definite love/hate thing. I love the extra money (he wants it to go into our savings so he can get an HDTV for Christmas), but last night I had to fall asleep alone. I don't sleep well when I have to go to bed alone. It's one thing if he is downstairs watching a Jazz game, but knowing he is on the road makes my sleep restless.
- I found a faster way to get to work. I left 10 minutes late this morning, and I still got to work on time! Woot Woot! I will not let that affect my sleeping habits, though. I will not!
Like/Love:
- This time of year. It is getting warmer, the flowers are all in bloom, and the evenings are perfect. I have been eyeing my neighbors flower beds and want to join in the fun. I have a very small patch of dirt on my back patio and I want to see what my thumb can do. Is it green? Brown?
- My sister Jessica's Snickerdoodle recipe. I made a small batch on Saturday and we inhaled them. I was short on flour, so last night at the grocery store I stocked up. That is my project tonight. A triple batch of Snickerdoodles.
- After the temple, of course. My dear friend asked me to go to the temple with her tonight. If you knew this friend and the situation, you would be just as excited as I am. I wanted her to desperately be at my sealing, but circumstances did not allow it and we promised each other when she was ready to go to the temple I would be the first one to go with her. Guess which temple we are visiting? I can't wait to show her the bride's room. I peek in every time I go, and tonight I am going to go in. I'm just going to do it.
- Power walks. I have been walking with another friend three times a week. We walk the paths around my house and they aren't sissy walks! We go up hill, down hill and pretty much wear ourselves out. I get at least 45 minutes of good solid exercise three times a week.
- Which has led to weight loss! We have been walking for three weeks and I have lost 7 pounds! Well, I gained three in there somewhere, but I am seven pounds down from where I started. That is a huge accomplishment, since I have steadily gained since last summer. Only ^% more to go!
Life is great. I know a few posts back, I probably worried a few people. I have good days and bad days, but overall, I know I am blessed. I just need to refrain from blogging on the really bad days! Just kidding.
2 comments:
You are awesome, Martha. I mean it. We all have our up & down days, and I love that you are honest with yours. We need more of that, I say...
I think I need this snickerdoodle recipe, pronto.
(And, as odd as it sounds, I worried & stressed over getting pregnant for some time, but since I got pregnant, I've done nothing but worry & stress over whether I can actually do this. Retarded, right?)
And I know what it's like to be alone. Jared is off school right now & I am soaking up the couple time. Which will end in approx. 6weeks...
Just sayin. I can sort of relate...
Oh yeah. And I love you (& your awesome sisters).
I'm confused...the faster way to work is a dislike or a like?
Those snickerdoodles are amazing! I crave them nightly. Luckily my house has been too hot to want to bake...but now that the ac is back we shall see :)
Post a Comment