There has been a lot going on in my life. Good, bad, and whatnot. Or as Jeff says, this and that and that and this.
I read a friend's blog the other day and it broke my heart. He wrote of a "faith promoting experience," mocking that term. In the end he called it a coincidence, nothing more than a coincidence. He doesn't believe in God and that He can bless our lives and anything good that happens is just coincidence. It made me even more determined to truly be grateful for my blessings and to recognize that they do come from Heavenly Father.
I am blessed.
1- I have work and Jeff has work. My job is incredibly stable. Jeff hates his, but it is stable as well. We don't worry or wonder how we are going to pay the bills. We have enough money that we don't have to cut out our wants. We have Internet, satellite and we can go out to eat when we want. We aren't filthy rich and we have to save for vacations and flat screen TVs, but it makes us appreciate those even more.
2- I am close to my family. I wish I were physically situated closer to them, but I am tight with all my sisters and mother. I am also blessed to be close to my mother-in-law. We went camping last weekend and I enjoyed spending time with Jeff's family. His mother and I are like two peas in a pod. I told her how nervous I was that I would have a Monster-in-law. But, she is great and so much fun. She told me that I was worth the wait! Aw, how cute is that?
3- Friends. I am so blessed to have so many amazing friends. I have different friends for different times in my life and each one brings something special. I love and need each of my friends. I have the friends I can vent with, the friends I see once in a blue moon, but it is like we have never been apart, I have the friends who root for me when I am trying to do something that seems impossible. My friends are great blessings.
4- The Gospel in my life. I have been struggling with various and sundry things around me, but my faith in the Gospel and the Plan of Salvation gives me the strength to get through. I am blessed to know that the persecution and sadness that goes with that are but a small trial. The righteous will prevail. Satan and his followers may win battles, but Heavenly Father and the righteous will win the war.
5- My house. I love my house and it is a great blessing. I love having a place to call my own. I feel blessed that in this economy we were able to purchase a home. It was a great deal and the perfect place for us. I also secretly love that I don't have to move for a while. I enjoy looking through my IKEA catalog and circling the fun things I want to try and duplicate. I love sending in the mortgage payment (I know, I am a sick, twisted individual). I love it because it is an investment and not being thrown away.
I have so many blessings. Some that are so personal, I cannot write them here, but they are ALL from my Father in Heaven. He hears my prayers, knows my needs and blesses me. They are NOT coincidences.
2 comments:
I don't believe in coincidences. Even in the tiny seemingly insignificant things.For instance, Jake accidentally threw his tooth that had just come out.We looked everywhere and Jake was getting upset, so him and I prayed for help. Then, that wonderful little voice said look in your purse (even though I had looked through it twice already) and it was in there...not a coincidence, I know it was an answer to Jake's prayer.
Thank you for sharing your list. I truly feel that the Lord is in the details of our lives. I love how you said, "They are NOT conincidences".
Post a Comment