Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Because I Was Tagged...

and I have nothing else to write:


4 Things In My Handbag/Backpack/Briefcase:


* Lots of pens. I lose pens easily and I also collect them from random places- the bank, the grocery store, the mailman...
* A notebook to make lists. I love crossing off lists.
* Various lip glosses, lispticks and chapsticks.
* My checkbook, yes my checkbook. I only write two or three checks a month, but I like to at least know where it is, so I keep it in my purse.

4 Favorite Things In My Bedroom:

* My Mission Style furniture. I bought it a long time ago when I was done living in student housing. I love the color, the look and that I had something nice in my dowry.
* My ceiling fan, and the man who installed it. Jeff spent all day to make sure it was straight and didn't wobble.
* My alarm clock. It's red and the numbers are HUGE, so I can read them even when I am half blind. The alarm starts low and then starts to grow (thanks Dr. Seuss). The buttons are big, too, so when I slap the snooze, it is easy to find.
* My bookcase, which is right by my side of the bed. I love having books at my fingertips.

4 Things On My Desk:

* Hand sanitizer. Call me a germaphobe.
* A file box with my personal history in it. I need to update it. I think the last thing in there was moving to Provo (I did that 10 years ago)
* A year book I need to return to Irene.
* Bracelets that I take off so I can type easier.

4 Things I've Always Wanted To Do (but haven't yet):

* See the Grand Canyon, Mt. Rushmore, Four Corners, Alcatraz. I love to drive and see interesting things around me. I have seen Arches National Park, Old Faithful, The Hoover Dam. I just want to complete  my list.
* Record a song with Jeff. He keeps telling me when we get his music area set up we are going to record a song together.
* Transform the dirt patch on my back patio into a beautiful garden. Oh, how I wish for time...and a green thumb.
*Cook a turkey. I know it sounds lame, but I have always been the guest and never hosted my own Thanksgiving. I want to...I know, I am crazy.


4 Things I Enjoy Very Much At The Moment:

* Walking. I don't mean to beat a dead horse, but I love walking. I love the movement of my own two feet. I am praying it doesn't rain today, so I can get out there and walk!
* Slowly making my house a home. With limited time and an even more limited budget, I am putting things together. I love having my home. I get a lot of compliments on how warm and inviting my living room is. That was my goal. I have always wanted a place where people feel welcome.
* My calling. The kids are crazy, but they are 7. Yesterday was my first lesson, and they were so much fun. My teaching style with kids is more of a conversation. I took the subject of the Sacrament and it just took off. We talked about covenants and the kids were so excited to talk about that. We talked about thinking about Jesus during the sacrament, then we just talked about our favorite stories of the Savior. I had picures of almost every story. When I showed them the picture of angels surrounding the Nephite children, they wanted to know where that was in the scriptures. So, we pulled out our scriptures and read 3 Nephi 17. I love teaching by the spirit. I learned so much, and I hope the kids did, too.
* The impending crock pot season. I love making dinner in the crock pot- if nothing else because it is ready when I get home.


4 Songs I Can't Get Out of My Head:

* Undisclosed Desires by Muse. Muse is my new favorite band. Jeff let me buy their CD on Saturday night and I listened to it on the way to work today.
* Silly songs Jeff and I make up. I think the last one was about the lasagna we made for dinner last night.
* We also watched Beauty and the Beast last night and we both sang EVERY song. I think the one that sticks in my head the most is the opening sequence when everyone is singing about how Belle is so strange.
*


4 Things You Don't Know About Me:

* I am VERY shy. I sometimes come across as stuck up, but it's just that I am so shy. I wait for people to talk to me, because I don't know how to start a conversation, until I get to know you. Then you can't shut me up.
*I am definitely a home body. I love being home. I don't like to be away from home for too long.
*I am very opinionated, but I don't always voice my opinion. I don't like confrontation. I will get into disagreements if confronted, though. Hence, the few times my father-in-law and I have gotten into arguments.
*


4 Bloggers I'm Tagging:

Pretty much anyone who wants to do this.

1 comment:

J, K, L, and D said...

I just love you. I think you had me at your stealing of pens. I used to swap cool pens I found at restaurants for the ones in my purse. (Except then I would have to sterilize them when I got home...)