Tuesday, November 9, 2010

I Like Myself the Way I Am!

My favorite picture of myself.

I don't have the best self-esteem. I am always WAY too hard on myself. I think I am too fat, too tall, too loud, too weird, too... the list goes on and on. Am I the only woman who is this way?

Today, I am going to be positive and think of what I truly like about myself, so that on those days when I throw myself a pity party, I will have this to help me remember.

* I love my eyes. I really do. My eyes are sparkly and pretty. They're dark and mysterious. I can do smokey eyes like no one's business.

*I like my smile. I have a warm, friendly smile. I have a loud appreciative laugh. People know when I am having a good time.

*I am a friendly person. I admit, I am not friendly all the time, but I can be friendly when I am feeling confident. I talk to cashiers like we're old friends, I talk to people in line waiting for my prescription, I chat with clients when they call. I enjoy getting to know people.

*My legs are amazing. I have long legs (my inseam is about 35"). In college, I was called Legs at times. They are looking even more amazing these days. My legs help me stay mobile. I love walking and pushing myself a little further. I can't imagine not being able to get up and walk where I need to go. I get compliments on my legs, and once I even got compliments on my knees!

* I can cook and bake. I love being in the kitchen and making delicious food for my friends and family. We had Jeff's parents over for dinner and everything was so tasty. I'm not just saying that because I thought so, but everyone enjoyed their meal.

* I am a great listener. I love talking with friends and just listening. Sometimes, that is all we need when we are down, just someone to listen and care.

* I am a cool aunt, despite what Lauryn thinks at times. I love playing games and watching movies with my nieces and nephews. I love having them over to spend the night. They make me laugh. I love watching them grow up and I am really enjoying that they are starting to understand some of the harder games that I like.

I am a pretty great person. I am, after all, a daughter of God.


3 comments:

J, K, L, and D said...

You are a pretty great person. You're pretty, smart, hilarious, & you have a strong testimony that others admire. What's not to like???

The Ericksons said...

I have always thought you were an amazing person!! Another thing you didn't put in your list is your sense of humor. You have always made me laugh. From back in the days of Harmony House and every year when we get TT! When I move back we really do need to hang out alot more!

Lildonbro said...

you ARE amazing! You're a great older sister too...I didn't see a mention of what a great sister you are so I had to add that to the list.