Thursday, September 8, 2011

It's A...

GIRL!!!!!!!!!!


We can't believe it! Really, we can't. We have been calling the baby Lil Rooster and the name we had picked out for our boy. We're saving that name for later. I feel like we may have given our daughter a complex.

Lil Hen is doing very well. She has established her sleeping patterns and wouldn't you know it, she is most active when I am trying to rest. During the day when I want to play with her, she just gives me one kick and then nothing. She loves the sound of her daddy's voice. He was talking to her last night and she just went crazy. He was calling her by name and she loved it. This morning, I started singing Cake's "Walk on By" and she didn't seem to care.

So far, we think she has Jeff's eyes and nose and my forehead and chin. Sorry little girl. That chin will be passed down for generations. We get to see her again in a month. She was not cooperating during the ultrasound and the doctor wants to check up on a few things that she wouldn't let them see. 

I am still in shock. I have to rethink the whole nursery theme now.

2 comments:

J, K, L, and D said...

hmm. maybe next year is the year of the girl, and this year is the year of the boy. only time will tell. :)

still so excited for you!

and how do you pick a girl's name? for a boy, we're all set. for a girl...we like about ten billion names.

Joanna & Ben said...

We will both have our little girls soon. So excited that i get to share these experiences with one of my sisters now. Tickled pink for you and Jeff. Love you!