Thursday, October 21, 2010

In Dire Need

There are few benefits of Jeff's school/work schedule. We don't get to spend the evenings together, we have to accomplish every errand on Saturday and I am alone. A lot.

But, as I said, there are a few benefits. I can pretty much control the remote. I can eat whatever I want, and if it is a bowl of Cinnamon Life for dinner- who is going to stop me?

One nice benefit is when my friend and neighbor says she wants to have a Pride and Prejudice night Friday night, I can say "yes!" and not have to check with Jeff.

I am in dire need of my Mr. Darcy fix. Sorry Matthew MacFayden, you are a great Mr. Darcy, but Colin Firth has you beat- hands down.

Yes, it is a 6 hour movie, but Fall is the perfect time to settle in and watch all 6 delicious hours.

This movie brings back so many memories. Sunday afternoons in Provo, I would venture over to Amy's house and we would bake yummy treats and watch bits and pieces of Mr. Darcy and Elizabeth Bennet. One wonderful treat was a cake with cinnamon and sugar and some other concoction. We made a glaze and I experienced my first Soy milk glaze. Another memory involves hanging out with Matt and Heather (before I lived with them) and showing Heather this masterpiece. We were curled up on their bed on Thanksgiving weekend glued to the tv. Heaven!

We will try to watch the whole thing tomorrow night, but my habit as of late is to hit the hay around 10 pm, so we'll see if we can make it.

3 comments:

Joanna & Ben said...

yes! One of my favorites. It got watched quite a bit over Ben's 3 deployments...love it.

Lildonbro said...

Ah P&P, you bring back good memories for me too. The first time I held hands with Bryan was during that movie.

Amy said...

Those afternoons were the best! I wish I could come over and watch our Mr. Darcy together.