Monday, March 7, 2011

You Can See Their Shadows Wandering Off Somewhere*

(The picture is dark, but this is a train track inside a restaurant)

Saturday was a wonderful day. I worked in the morning and then went home to pick Jeff up. His car had been in the shop for a fantastic computer upgrade. I never thought I would say a car had to go in for a computer upgrade. But, the car wouldn't pass emissions without it, so $620 later Jeff's car is Emissions ready. Yuck.

On the way to the dealer (the only place that can do the computer upgrade) Jeff called about the Rush order on my ring. It was still not in, yet. Jeff talked to the manager, who said he would see if he could get the ring to us that day. Jeff told him we were going out of town for the day, but we would call when we got back.

We picked up Jeff's car and took off. We drove to Delta, Utah. Don't ask. We drove through some ghost towns, which I love. I love the thoughts of the past. It was a great getaway from the insanely emotional week we had. After driving through Delta, we drove back to Salt Lake through Nephi. There is a restaurant in Nephi that has billboards all over the place. So, we thought we would try it out for dinner. We walked in and up above us was a train track and a toy train moving along. The train ran through the whole restaurant.

I ordered the pot roast and Jeff ordered a burger. DELICIOUS!! They put the plate down in front of me and I seriously was taken back in time. Matt and Heather have pot roast every Sunday and this plate was the epitome of their dinner. The potatoes, the corn, the roll and of course the pot roast. It melted in my mouth! I was happy.

After we ate, we drove back to the mall to meet with Bryan, the manager of Kay Jewelers. The mall was closed, but we went in to Kay and waited for the jeweler to arrive. They closed the gates of the store and we were all locked in. It could have been a scene out of a movie. I was talking to another employee of Kay and we were commenting on how we had a newborn baby, an engaged couple and a little 6 year old girl. It was the makings of a great crime movie. He asked me who would play me. I said Sandra Bullock, and Kevin James would play Jeff. (I LOOOOOVE Kevin James). I got my ring back and it is no longer leaning!

It was a fun and different day. Jeff and I needed that. It was almost like we were dating again. It's so easy to get caught in the rut of everyday life.

So, who would play you in a movie?

2 comments:

Joanna & Ben said...

you had an emotional week? sorry to hear it, I hope everything is going better

Amy said...

Sounds like a perfect ending to a bummer of a week. Hope things are improving.